On occasion, due to heavy snowfall or predicted heavy snowfall, two-wheel drive vehicles will be required to carry wheel chains. Please check current road conditions, snow reports & forecasts before you leave.
Road signs in the township of Marysville will also indicate chain days.
More information on wheel chains, how to fit them and driving in icey conditions.
Wheel chains can be hired from Rental Outlets in Marysville.
- Toboggan only on designated toboggan runs.
- Use only plastic moulded toboggans.
- Only sit or kneel when using a toboggan.
- Snowboards, snowmats, snow bikes and inflatables are not allowed on the toboggan run.
- One person only per toboggan.
- Trains of toboggans are not allowed
- Walk uphill on the side of run only
- Please store your toboggan in your car when not in use.
LAKE MOUNTAIN SKI PATROL helps look after the thousands of visitors who enjoy Lake Alpine Mountain Resort each Winter season for some fun in the snow.
Ski patrol is an integral part of the resort operations in keeping the mountain safe for visitors, providing first aid services and general advice to the public, and assisting with searches if the need arises.
On weekends, the patrol is operated by a team of volunteers who compliment the work of staff patrollers who look after the resort from Monday to Friday.
See more information on their website here.
Code Red Fire Days
Lake Mountain Alpine Resort is CLOSED on declared Code Red Fire Days.
Further information here. www.cfa.vic.gov.au
Extreme Weather Conditions
Please take care on the roads and obey all signs and resort staff. For further information on snow safety and guidelines please check snowsafe.org.au
Lake Mountain Road & the Marysville-Woods Point Road (From Marysville to the Lake Mountain Road Turn off) is declared non-hazardous by VicRoads.
Click here for further information.